Project Manager Description
BEST is looking for an adult to manage the youth doing their work with the residents. Time is 7:45 to 11:45 am. Read the description below, contact: [email protected], if interested.
· Meet and help Assess the projects for each target home
· Assess the problem and write a plan of completion
· Develop a daily task sheet for each assigned home, demonstration how/ when the target project will be completed and by whom (youth participant)
· Each morning conduct a 15-to 20 minutes orientation on how to use a particular tool (i.e. hula hoe, pruners, weed eater or hammer) or do a specific project (i.e. how to paint, trim bushes/trees or edge a lawn)
· Work side by side with the youth demonstrating how to complete the task
· Possess some behavioral management and diplomacy skills
· Possess some time management skills
· Can keep annotative notes and records of each youth’s progress
· Must work the director or drive to the storage space to assure the correct tools are on site.
Responsibilities and Expectations Description
ü Must have knowledge in these areas: time management, project management and yard or home development.
ü Possess same skills in working with youth
ü Interacts well and builds positive rapport with young people
ü Be willing to be trained in Youth Development network skills, in June.
ü Must be able to pass live finger printing screening
ü Willing to help with youth orientation, in June
ü Must be available some times in June to assess homes
A $10.00 stipend will be offered per home up on completing the task sheet
ü Must be on site the morning during the summer sessions
ü Must keep record of the youth attendance and progress
Depending on the amount of education you have, a $60-100.00 stipend will be offered per week (3hrs-3-days per week)
If need to be absent, you will need to contact Ms. Watts the day before.
Hours and work Days
· Work days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
· Hours: 7:50 -11:30 am
· Three week per funding